Please read the following and let me know if you have any questions.
To ‘sign’ you can either print off a copy of this page, sign and date it and scan and email it to me or simply email or text me to say you have read and understand these terms and conditions.
I am a senior accredited (BACP) integrative clinical supervisor, accredited (BACP and IACP) psychosynthesis counsellor, life coach, therapeutic coach, NLP master practitioner (ANLP), Experienced Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance Professionals) and yoga therapist for mental health and wellbeing, accredited (EFT International) Mentor and EFT advanced practitioner and crystal coach.
As a member of professional bodies including the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), Yoga Alliance Professionals (Experienced Yoga Teacher), EFT International (formerly AAMET) and Association for Neuro Linguistic Programming (ANLP), I work within their ethical frameworks and codes of practice. I served on BACP’s Coaching Executive from March 2014 to September 2019 (as Chair from January 2017 to November 2018).
Depending on your preferences and issues, I can integrate different therapies and coaching approaches accordingly. It’s a holistic, collaborative approach and the choice is always yours.
The following is my contract for working with clients and supervisees:
1) Sessions start and finish on time
2) Payment for sessions is due within 24 hours of making the appointment. This completes the booking (unless an alternative agreement has been reached in advance). You can pay online HERE Please text/email me when you have done this so I can update my records. If booking more than one appointment at a time, subsequent sessions can be paid for within 24 hours after each session (so you’re only paying one in advance at a time).
3) Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice are charged in full. Equally, if I ever need to cancel with less notice, you get a free session. There are no exceptions to this unless we’re able reschedule it to a mutually convenient time that same week. There is no charge for sessions cancelled prior to the 48 hour deadline
4) At the beginning of the therapeutic and/or coaching relationship, we will usually agree to meet at the same time each week
5) Supervision is usually monthly
6) Termination should be discussed at least one session in advance and agreement reached on the number of sessions directed towards closure to ground the work
7) The work is confidential. This might be broken only under very specific conditions set out in the BACP Ethical Framework / IACP Code of Ethics. If there is a risk of harm to self or others then relevant agencies must be contacted (after informing the client)
8) i) Online work – Please ensure you have reliable internet service, charged devices. Please also provide a mobile number so we can WhatsApp in case there’s an issue with (normally very reliable) Zoom (a secure video conferencing platform). If you ever wish to record a session (eg via Zoom), it needs to be agreed in advance. Zoom is currently considered best practice and is easier than Skype but I recommend your logging on in advance to check it feels fine on your device and, a couple of minutes / five minutes before the session/s so any tech issues don’t eat into session time
ii) Outdoor therapy, coaching and supervision – We’ll agree a rough route and/or venue in advance. Please bring a raincoat or umbrella if needed. If we see other people walking past, we’ll briefly move into small talk so they don’t hear anything sensitive. If weather conditions are too severe, we’ll work online or inside for that session, instead
9) If we’re ever in touch via social media or see each other in person, I will give no indication of the fact that you are or ever have been a client or supervisee
10) All notes are held under strict procedural guidelines. In the event of any incapacity on my part, my appointed professional executor will destroy all notes and personal information relating to my clients
11) Clients must inform me of any medication they are taking and provide GP details
Declaration of understanding: Please email or text to confirm that you have read and understood the above contract.
Westport, Co Mayo, Republic of Ireland and Colchester, Essex, UK.
(c) Eve Menezes Cunningham 2004-2020. All rights reserved.