What can you do to be as peaceful as possible a presence on and for the planet?
I don’t know about you but while I love the idea of being all love and light, in reality (being human and all), I feel all the feelings.
And now, more than ever, we need to work on our shadow parts in order to avoid projecting them onto others (as far as possible. Human and all) so we can help heal ourselves, others and the planet.
When we release the energies that no longer serve us, we literally get out of our own way.
Here are some ideas to help you own your own darkness and shine your light as brightly as you possibly can while also helping to light others’ way.
Writing that sentence, I realised that the ‘as brightly as you possibly can’ bit sounds quite effortful and yet it’s almost effortless.
It’s not like we’re suddenly immune to all the rage inducing things that induce rage.
But we can better ground ourselves, take whatever time out we need, do more energy clearing, forgive ourselves for being the humans – doing the best we can – we are and carry on.
- Make a list of everything that’s inducing rage or even mild irritation. Burn it (safely) and use the waning moon energies to amplify the release.
- Use your journal. Let it all out.
- Talk to a therapist or a friend (in a way that helps you honour your feelings without indulging them).
- Stomp / punch pillows / smash crockery (safely) / indulge in some heavy DIY (safely) – when I first started getting in touch with my own (previously ever only turned in on myself) anger, the pool was my salvation. I would do lengths of RAGE, using all my limbs to get as much of it out of my body and energy field as possible while knowing that the water could take it (Past Me worried pillows couldn’t).
- Tap it away with EFT
- Dance it out.
- Hold your hands over your heart centre and take a few complete breaths
- Send Metta
- Use your body to support you as you open your heart even more with poses like Warrior II and Restorative Fish
- Practice Ho’oponopono
- Light a candle – so simple. So effective.
- Meditate / Pray.
- Spend time in a healing spot in nature.
- Do an energy clearing meditation (you can access this free one HERE)
Ongoing support in your own time and at your own pace
Wherever you’re based, you might find the online membership helpful for regular reminders, self care coaching tools and more. JOIN HERE